CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I really am such a night owl. It's now 1:44 am and I just finished my little Sophie's St. Patrick's Day shirt.  I wanted to applique a simple shamrock onto a white tee for her.  I bought a brand new shirt to use for this project, but it occurred to me that I've held onto several tees that have gotten a spot on them (I despise stains on my kids' clothes) and I was able to find one with a small spot in the middle, easily hidden by the applique. Yay!! Win, win.  I get to recycle a shirt and she still gets the new one.
I decided I wanted the shape to be around 6".  I cut a block of fabric and ironed it onto a piece of Heat 'n Bond.  I then turned to my Cricut and SCAL2 for this one and stuck the Heat 'n Bond directly to my Cricut mat.  The SCAL2 shapes library has a shamrock (clover) in it so, keeping proportions, I set my size height to 6.50". which gave me a width of 5.779".  Once it was done cutting, I was able to peel my applique directly off the mat and iron it onto my shirt.
This was only my 2nd time doing an applique and I think it came out much better than the 1st! LOL  It's not perfect, and I can see where I made a mistake, but really, she won't care.  She's just going to be happy that Momma made her a special shirt!




Hope everyone has a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!  I can't wait to smell my corned beef & cabbage cooking up in the crock pot later (even though my hubby hates it).  The girls & I love it and hey, ti's only once a year!

No comments: